Cold Pork Pies
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lean pork||1 Pound|
|Mixed herbs||1 Pinch|
|Hard boiled eggs||2 , sliced|
|Broth/Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven by setting it to 400° F
2. Apportion the pastry into 5 parts and cut off 1/3 from each of the portions.
3. Keep the pieces warm for using as pie lids.
4. Use your hands or a glass jar to mold each of the 5 pastry dough pieces into the shape of a pie.
5. Hold in place by putting a double band of wax paper around each and tie it together with a string.
6. Cut the pork into tiny pieces and season with herbs, salt and pepper.
7. Place each into a pie case together with egg slices.
8. Add a tablespoon or 2 of water.
9. Roll out the dough portions kept for making lids.
10. Put the lids on the pie and damp the edges.
11. Make a hole on the top and flute the sides before decorating according to choice.
12. Bake the pies in a pre heated oven for half an hour.
13. Remove the wax paper and brush the pie sides and top with milk or beaten eggs.
14. Place them again in the oven and cook for an additional 20 to 25 minutes.
15. Melt the gelatin in the broth.
16. Add some meat extract if you have added water before.
17. When the gelatin begins to set pour it through the holes made on the top of the pies.
18. Serve it after it becomes cold.
Calories 182 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 200.7 mg66.9%
Sodium 413.8 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 0.68 g0.23%
Dietary Fiber 0.33 g1.3%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 25 g49.2%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet