Chicken Cheese Pie
|Flour||1 1⁄8 Cup (18 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chicken||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced cooked chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Carrots||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), diced|
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
1) Into a bowl, sift the salt and a cup of flour together.
2) Cut in the shortening until flour mixture starts appearing like small peas.
3) Mix into the water a tablespoon of egg.
4) Pour the egg mixture over the flour mixture.
5) Stir the mixture to a moist consistency and add water, if needed.
6) Roll out the dough on a floured board.
7) Use a 9-inch pie pan to place the rolled out dough.
8) Set the oven to 425 degrees.
9) Bake the pie dough to light brown color or for 8 minutes.
10) Melt some fat in the saucepan.
11) Saute the green pepper and onion until tender.
12) Stir in the rest of the fat with the sautéed vegetables.
13) Pour the broth and cook with constant stirring until the mixture thickens.
14) Now, add the carrots, the chicken and the rest of the egg.
15) Combine thoroughly.
16) Empty the contents into the pie crust.
17) Add a layer of cheese on the top.
18) Set the oven to 400-degrees.
19) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
20) Serve hot with green salad.
Calories 1817 Calories from Fat 1223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 138 g212.8%
Saturated Fat 44.1 g220.3%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 342.4 mg114.1%
Sodium 1336.9 mg55.7%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.7%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 79 g157.5%
Vitamin A 181% Vitamin C 37.9%
Calcium 60.2% Iron 36.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet