Steak And Kidney Pie
|Round steak||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Beef kidney||6 Ounce|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||2 , peeled, finely chopped|
1. Preheat the oven by setting it to 325° F
2. Take the steak and cut it into strips before pounding it lightly.
3. Place a kidney on each strip and roll it up.
4. Add salt & pepper to the flour and dredge the meat rolls in it.
5. Take a baking dish and arrange the meat after adding onion and sprinkling it with a little flour.
6. Add water or broth until the level reaches the half way mark of the dish.
7. Cook it for 1 ½ hours after covering it with foil.
8. Cool it by setting it apart.
9. Reset the temperature of the oven to 450°F..
10. Cover the pie by rolling the pastry thinly over it.
11. Press the edges down properly in order to cover it properly.
12. Make a hole in the middle of the pie and add leaf shaped pastry trimmings to it.
13. Brush it with a little milk before baking it in the pre heated oven for half an hour.
14. Serve hot.