Almond Peach Pie
|Vanilla wafers||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||10 Tablespoon, divided|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Peaches||8 Medium, pitted, peeled, and sliced|
|9 inch unbaked pie shell||1|
|Vanilla ice cream/Whipped cream||1|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
2. To make the filling, in a bowl, mix crushed wafers, almonds, and 2 tablespoons of the butter
3. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining butter, sugar flour and eggs. Whisk to a spoon batter.
4. Stirring continuously, cook the mixture on a low flame for 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Take pan off the heat and stir in almond extract
6. Place the pie shell on a baking sheet.
7. Arrange the peaches, cut side down in the pie shell.
8. Pour the sauce over the peaches.
9. Top with the filling.
10. Place the baking sheet on the middle level of the preheated oven.
11. Bake for 10 minutes.
12. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and bake for another 40 minutes until golden brown and set.
13. Remove pie from the oven and cool for 10 minutes before serving.
14. Slice and serve pie warm with ice-cream, cream or custard