No Fuss Shepherd s Pie
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Carrots||3 Medium, chopped|
|Minced lamb||500 Gram|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock||18 Fluid Ounce (500 Milliliter)|
|Potatoes||2 Pound, cut in to chunks (900 Gram)|
|Butter||3 Ounce (85 Gram)|
1) In a medium sized saucepan, heat the oil.
2) Add the onion and carrots and sauté for a few mins.
3) When they are tender, turn up the heat and add the lamb. Brown the lamb. Remove all excess fat.
4) Pour in the tomato puree and Worcestershire sauce and stir for a few mins.
5) Add the stock. Simmer and cover. Cook for 40 mins. Remove the cover halfway through.
6) As the lamb is cooking, heat the oven to 180C/ fan 160C/ gas mark 4.
7) Also, Boil the potatoes for 10-15 mins in salt water until they are soft. Remove from heat and drain. Then mash the potatoes with the butter and milk.
8) In an ovenproof dish, layer the meat mince. Then top with the potato mash. Fork the dish. Bake the pie for 20-25 mins until the top is starting to turn golden brown and the mince is bubbling through at the edges of the dish.
9)Note: The pie can be frozen for up to a month. To bake a frozen pie, do so at 160C/fan 140C/gas mark 3 for 1 hr-1 hr 20 mins.
10) Remove the pie from oven and let it stand for 5 mins. Slice and serving.