Corsican Tomato Pie
|Bacon fat/Butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chicken livers||1⁄2 Pound|
|Tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Set your oven to preheat at 425F.
2) Use a 10-inch pie plate to line with your favorite pastry.
3) In a bowl, add bacon fat or butter, flour, milk, light cream, salt and pepper to prepare white sauce. Combine all together to make a smooth and creamy paste.
4) Stir in tomato paste to this mixture.
5) Chop chicken liver coarsely and sear this in butter. Set aside.
6) In the prepared crust, pour this mixture. Add toppings of stoned ripe olives. Place the seared chicken liver on top of the ripe olives.
7) Arrange fresh tomato slices on top and sprinkle with salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
8) Place this inside the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
9) In a plate, arrange the hors d'oeuvre, warm or cold and serve with a fork.