Winter Fruit Pie
|Raw cranberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Peeled chopped apples||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) Take a saucepan and put cranberries and apples with some water, in it.
3) Cook the fruits for about 5 minutes or until the skins of cranberries pop out. Blend in sugar and mix well.
4) Place a lid over the saucepan and allow the mixture to cool.
5) Now, add corn syrup, salt, orange rind and flour to the mixture and blend well.
6) Take a 9 inch pie plate and line it with half the pastry.
7) Pour the mixture onto the pastry and spread well. Cover the filling with the remaining pastry.
8) Place the pie plate in the preheated oven and bake for about 35-35 minutes until the crust is slightly tanned.
9) Serve hot or cold.
Calories 237 Calories from Fat 22
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.8%
Saturated Fat 0.35 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 72.9 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g11%
Sugars 31.2 g
Protein 1 g2.9%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 11.9%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet