Mock Mince Pie
|Raisins||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Apples||2 , cored and chopped (Unpeeled)|
|Suet||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon cube||1|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) Take a food chopper and run lemon and raisins through it. Add all the other ingredients, except the pastry.
3) Empty the contents of chopper in a saucepan and let them come to a boil. Simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
4) Allow the mixture to cool down.
5) Now, take a 9 inch pie plate and line it with 2/3 of the pastry.
6) Next, spread the mixture from the saucepan on the pastry and cover with the remaining pastry.
7) Place the pie plate in hot oven and bake for about 10 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 350°F and bake for additional 30-40 minutes.
8) Serve hot or cold.