Ginger Pumpkin Pie
|Chocolate wafers||9 Ounce, crushed (1 Package, About 38 Wafers)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|Canned pumpkin||32 Ounce (2 Cans, 16 Ounce Each)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light cream||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Brandied)|
|Finely chopped crystallized ginger||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Prepare by preheating the oven to 375°F
2. Lightly grease two 9-inch pie rings.
3. In a bowl, mix crushed chocolate wafers with 1/4 cup of melted butter.
4. Divide between two pie plates and press to line bottom and sides of the plates.
5. Place the pie plates in the refrigerator to chill.
6. In a large bowl, mix together remaining melted butter, pumpkin, sugar, eggs, molasses, flour, spices and salt.
7. Lightly stir in light cream.
8. Place pie shells on a baking sheet.
9. Pour prepared mixture into pie shells..
10. Place on middle level of preheated oven.
11. Bake for 1 to 1 ¼ hours, set and cooked through.
12. Remove from oven and cool pies.
13. When completely cooled, remove rings and set on platters.
14. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
15. Top pies with brandied whipped cream.
16. Scatter the crystallized ginger on the pies.
Calories 1104 Calories from Fat 575
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g100.4%
Saturated Fat 38.2 g190.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 330.7 mg110.2%
Sodium 724.9 mg30.2%
Total Carbohydrates 125 g41.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.9%
Sugars 84.1 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 507.4% Vitamin C 12.3%
Calcium 20.2% Iron 30.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet