Ginger Pumpkin Pie
|Chocolate wafers||9 Ounce, crushed (1 Package, About 38 Wafers)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|Canned pumpkin||32 Ounce (2 Cans, 16 Ounce Each)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light cream||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Brandied)|
|Finely chopped crystallized ginger||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Prepare by preheating the oven to 375°F
2. Lightly grease two 9-inch pie rings.
3. In a bowl, mix crushed chocolate wafers with 1/4 cup of melted butter.
4. Divide between two pie plates and press to line bottom and sides of the plates.
5. Place the pie plates in the refrigerator to chill.
6. In a large bowl, mix together remaining melted butter, pumpkin, sugar, eggs, molasses, flour, spices and salt.
7. Lightly stir in light cream.
8. Place pie shells on a baking sheet.
9. Pour prepared mixture into pie shells..
10. Place on middle level of preheated oven.
11. Bake for 1 to 1 ¼ hours, set and cooked through.
12. Remove from oven and cool pies.
13. When completely cooled, remove rings and set on platters.
14. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
15. Top pies with brandied whipped cream.
16. Scatter the crystallized ginger on the pies.