Deep Dish Cranberry Chicken Pie
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canned whole onions||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Fresh cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Bouillon)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Light cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Gravy coloring||2 Teaspoon|
|Diced cooked chicken||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sliced cooked carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pie crust mix||11 Ounce (1 Package)|
1) Begin by thawing the peas.
2) Next, drain the mushrooms and whole onions.
3) Take a 3-quart shallow casserole and in it, mix the carrots, mushrooms, whole onions, chicken and peas for the filling.
4) Make a pie crust mix following the package instructions.
5) Lightly flour a smooth and clean surface and on it, roll out the pie crust mix into a circle measuring an inch bigger than the casserole top. Cover with a mosit cloht and keep aside.
6) Set the oven ready at 400 degrees.
7) In a saucepan, cook together the cranberries, chopped onions and chicken stock.
8) Reduce the flame and simmer the mixture for 10 minutes with occasional stirring.
9) Remove the mixture from the heat and pass it through a sieve.
10) Blend cream to the mixture.
11) In a saucepan, heat the butter in a saucepan and blend in the flour.
12) Gradually, stir the cranberry mixture into the butter and put the gravy coloring.
13) Reduce the heat and cook the mixture with constant stirring until it starts boiling and thickening.
14) Season with salt and pepper and cover the chicken filling mixture with this sauce.
15) Cover the filling with the pastry and seal the pie crust to the casserole’s edge.
16) Cut a number of slashes on the top so as to allow the steam to vaporize.
17) Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until the crust becomes golden brown.
18) Serve hot with sour cream sauce.
Calories 822 Calories from Fat 472
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.4%
Saturated Fat 25.5 g127.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 177.5 mg59.2%
Sodium 1006.2 mg41.9%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.4%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 32 g63.8%
Vitamin A 41.6% Vitamin C 32.6%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet