Chicken Pot Pie Supreme
|Chicken breasts||3 Pound|
|Celery top stalks and leaves||6|
|Onion||1 Medium, halved|
|Cold water||1 1⁄2 Quart|
|Cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated onion||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a Dutch oven, mix the first five ingredients.
2) Boil the mixture and simmer it for 45 minutes to an hour.
3) Cool the chicken in its broth.
4) Then, drain the chicken and keep the broth aside.
5) Discard the bones and skin of the chicken and cut it into bite sized pieces.
6) In a heavy bottomed saucepan, melt the butter over moderate heat.
7) Stir the flour to the melted butter.
8) Mix 2 quarter cups of the chicken broth to the mixture.
9) Stir in the cream and cook.
10) Keep stirring continuously for 2 minutes.
11) Allow the mixture to thicken.
12) Mix in the mace, chicken and onion.
13) Take a 2-quart casserole and empty the contents in it.
14) Serve immediately with buttered noodles.