Chicken Pot Pie Supreme
|Chicken breasts||3 Pound|
|Celery top stalks and leaves||6|
|Onion||1 Medium, halved|
|Cold water||1 1⁄2 Quart|
|Cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated onion||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a Dutch oven, mix the first five ingredients.
2) Boil the mixture and simmer it for 45 minutes to an hour.
3) Cool the chicken in its broth.
4) Then, drain the chicken and keep the broth aside.
5) Discard the bones and skin of the chicken and cut it into bite sized pieces.
6) In a heavy bottomed saucepan, melt the butter over moderate heat.
7) Stir the flour to the melted butter.
8) Mix 2 quarter cups of the chicken broth to the mixture.
9) Stir in the cream and cook.
10) Keep stirring continuously for 2 minutes.
11) Allow the mixture to thicken.
12) Mix in the mace, chicken and onion.
13) Take a 2-quart casserole and empty the contents in it.
14) Serve immediately with buttered noodles.
Calories 1375 Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.9%
Saturated Fat 17.1 g85.3%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 449.1 mg149.7%
Sodium 3640.8 mg151.7%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g33%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.8%
Sugars 37.4 g
Protein 165 g329.4%
Vitamin A 28.1% Vitamin C 33%
Calcium 36.5% Iron 36.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet