St. Patrick's Day Green Grasshopper Pie
|Chocolate crumb pie crust||1|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Creme de menthe||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White creme de cacao||3 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs), chilled (set aside 1/2 a cup)|
|Confectioner's sugar||20 Gram|
|Dark chocolate curls||10 Gram|
|Green maraschino cherries||20 Gram|
1. Heat 32 marshmallows with 2/3 cup milk in a saucepan over low to medium heat, stirring constantly until marshmallows are melted.
2. Reduce heat if the sauce begins to stick to the bottom of the saucepan, and continue to stir continuously. (If the sauce sticks to the saucepan, it will brown slightly, causing small brown flecks in your pie mixture.)
3. Chill sauce until thickened. Blend in ¼ cup crème de menthe and 3 tablespoons white (clear) crème de cacao.
4. Use a mixer to beat 1 ½ cup whipping cream until stiff. Fold whipped cream into marshmallow mixture.
5. Pour into baked chocolate crumb crust.
6. With a mixer, beat ½ cup whipping cream until stiff. Add confectioner's sugar, to taste.
7. Place dollops of sweetened whipped cream evenly in a pattern on top of pie. Sprinkle chocolate curls or shavings on top of the whipped cream (or over the entire top of the pie). Place a green maraschino cherry on top of each dollop of whipped cream.
8. Place pie in the refrigerator for 4 hours (or more), so that it will become firm.
9. Cut individual slices and place them on nice dessert plates. Serve.
This is a showy, dramatic dessert that tastes wonderful, and it allows you to have something green for dessert on Saint Patrick's Day! I hope you enjoy this St. Patrick's Day Grasshopper Pie! Love, Betty
Calories 618 Calories from Fat 316
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.1%
Saturated Fat 21.5 g107.5%
Trans Fat 1.3 g
Cholesterol 124.3 mg41.4%
Sodium 112.9 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.71 g2.8%
Sugars 47.4 g
Protein 3 g5.5%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 8.1% Iron 2.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet