Fresh Lattice Peach Pie
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ripe peaches||3 Pound (6 In Number)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Piecrust mix/1 flaky pastry||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Milk/Cream||1 Fluid Ounce|
1. Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt together.
2. Drop peaches, 3 or 4 at a time, into boiling water; leave in 15 to 30 seconds; lift out with slotted spoon. Peel off skins; cut in half; remove pits, then slice (you should have 10 cups).
3. Place peaches in a large bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice and almond extract; toss lightly. Sprinkle with sugar mixture; toss gently to mix.
4. Prepare pastry. Spoon filling into bottom crust; dot with butter. Cover with lattice top. Brush lattice top with milk or cream and sprinkle with sugar.
5. Bake in a hot oven (425°) 15 minutes; then lower heat to 350°; continue to bake 35 to 40 minutes longer, or until pastry is golden and juices bubble up near center. Cool on wire rack 1 hour.