Fresh Lattice Peach Pie
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ripe peaches||3 Pound (6 In Number)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Piecrust mix/1 flaky pastry||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Milk/Cream||1 Fluid Ounce|
1. Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt together.
2. Drop peaches, 3 or 4 at a time, into boiling water; leave in 15 to 30 seconds; lift out with slotted spoon. Peel off skins; cut in half; remove pits, then slice (you should have 10 cups).
3. Place peaches in a large bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice and almond extract; toss lightly. Sprinkle with sugar mixture; toss gently to mix.
4. Prepare pastry. Spoon filling into bottom crust; dot with butter. Cover with lattice top. Brush lattice top with milk or cream and sprinkle with sugar.
5. Bake in a hot oven (425°) 15 minutes; then lower heat to 350°; continue to bake 35 to 40 minutes longer, or until pastry is golden and juices bubble up near center. Cool on wire rack 1 hour.
Calories 582 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.2%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.9 mg5.6%
Sodium 440.2 mg18.3%
Total Carbohydrates 125 g41.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.1%
Sugars 63.8 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 26.1% Vitamin C 40.3%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 46.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet