|Ground coffee||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Maple syrup||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter, 1/4 Cup)|
|Butter||1 Ounce, softened (25 Gram, 2 Tablespoon)|
|Soft light brown sugar||6 Ounce (175 Gram, 3/4 Cup)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Vanilla essence||5 Milliliter (Extract, 1 Teaspoon)|
|Walnut halves||4 Ounce (115 Gram, 1 Cup)|
|All purpose flour||5 Ounce (Plain, 150 Gram, 1 Cup)|
|Icing sugar||1 Ounce (25 Gram, 1/4 Cup, Confectioner'S)|
|Butter||3 Ounce, diced (75 Gram, 1/4 Cup)|
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6. To make the pastry, sift the flour, salt and icing sugar into a mixing bowl. Rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolks and mix well to form a soft dough.
2. Knead the pastry on a lightly floured surface for a few seconds until smooth. Wrap in clear film (plastic wrap) and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Roll out the pastry and use to line a 20cm/8in fluted flan tin (quiche pan). Line with baking parchment and baking beans and bake for about 10 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and bake for a further 5 minutes until brown. Set the pastry case aside. Lower the oven temperature to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
4. Heat the coffee and maple syrup in a pan until almost boiling. Set aside to cool slightly. Mix the butter and sugar in a bowl, then gradually beat in the eggs. Strain the reserved maple syrup mixture into the bowl, add the vanilla essence and stir well.
5. Arrange the walnuts in the pastry case, then carefully pour in the filling. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until lightly browned and firm. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving warm with creme fraiche or vanilla ice cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3606 Calories from Fat 1648
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 191 g293.2%
Saturated Fat 73 g365%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1248.4 mg416.1%
Sodium 515.1 mg21.5%
Total Carbohydrates 444 g148%
Dietary Fiber 11.4 g45.7%
Sugars 308.8 g
Protein 57 g113%
Vitamin A 80.4% Vitamin C 2.5%
Calcium 39.8% Iron 86.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet