Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
|Pastry dough||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for 2-Crust Pie)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Strawberries||1 Pint, for 2-crust pie|
|Rhubarb||1 1⁄4 Pound, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces for 4 cups|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, cut into pieces|
1. Prepare Pastry Dough as directed through chilling.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. In large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar and cornstarch. Add strawberries and rhubarb; gently toss to combine.
3. On lightly floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll larger disk of dough into 12-inch round. Gently roll dough round onto rolling pin and ease into 9-inch pie plate, pressing dough against side of plate. Trim edge, leaving 1-inch overhang. Reserve trimmings for decorating pie, if you like. Spoon strawberry-rhubarb filling into crust; dot with butter.
4. Roll out remaining disk of dough into 12-inch round. Cut 3/4-inch circle out of center and 1-inch slits to allow steam to escape during baking. Center dough over filling. Fold overhang under and make decorative edge. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
5. Place pie on foil-lined cookie sheet to catch any overflow during baking. Bake 20 minutes. Turn oven control to 375°F; bake until filling bubbles in center and crust is golden, 1 hour 15 to 25 minutes longer. If necessary, cover pie loosely with foil during last 20 minutes of baking to prevent over-browning. Cool on wire rack 1 hour to serve warm, or cool completely to serve later.