Strawberry Glaze Pie
|Ripe strawberries||1 Quart|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream cheese||6 Ounce (2 packages, 3 ounces each)|
|Baked 9 inch pie shell||1|
1. Wash and hull strawberries. Drain well. Take 1 cup of the smallest, least pretty berries and place in a saucepan with the water and simmer 5 minutes. Reserve remaining berries.
2. Combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir into cooked berries in saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, until syrup is clear and thick. Stir in lemon juice and cool slightly.
3. Mix together cream cheese and cream until light and fluffy. Spread cheese over bottom of baked pie shell.
4. Place reserved whole berries on top of cream cheese. Pour thickened syrup over top of berries.
5. Chill well before serving.