How-to Make Pie Pastry Dough
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chilled|
|Shortening||1 Tablespoon, chilled|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
1. In a food processor add in the flour, sugar and salt. Followed by the butter and shortening. Pulse 3-4 times for 2-3 seconds each time, until crumbly.
2. In a small bowl blend egg yolk and water.
3. Pour the egg mixture over the flour mixture in the food processor and pulse 2-4 times, for 2-3 seconds each time, until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the bowl and clings together.
4. Scrape the dough from the jar and place over a saran wrap. Cover the dough and chill in refrigerator for a 30 minutes.
5. Flour the counter top and rolling pin with the flour. Roll the dough to the desired size.
6. Place the pie crust in a baking pan with the help of rolling pin.
7. Bake the Pie with your favorite filling and serve.
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.3%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g42.8%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 76.5 mg25.5%
Sodium 125.2 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.84 g3.4%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 4 g7.9%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.3% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet