How-to Make Pie Pastry Dough
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chilled|
|Shortening||1 Tablespoon, chilled|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
1. In a food processor add in the flour, sugar and salt. Followed by the butter and shortening. Pulse 3-4 times for 2-3 seconds each time, until crumbly.
2. In a small bowl blend egg yolk and water.
3. Pour the egg mixture over the flour mixture in the food processor and pulse 2-4 times, for 2-3 seconds each time, until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the bowl and clings together.
4. Scrape the dough from the jar and place over a saran wrap. Cover the dough and chill in refrigerator for a 30 minutes.
5. Flour the counter top and rolling pin with the flour. Roll the dough to the desired size.
6. Place the pie crust in a baking pan with the help of rolling pin.
7. Bake the Pie with your favorite filling and serve.