Coconut Custard Pie
|Pastry dough||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (For 1-Crust Pie)|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sweetened, flaked coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts/Ground nutmeg / whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Prepare Pastry Dough as directed through chilling.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. On lightly floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll dough into 12-inch round. Gently roll dough onto rolling pin and ease into 9-inch pie plate, gently pressing dough against side of plate. Trim edge, leaving 1-inch overhang. Fold overhang under and make a decorative edge. Refrigerate or freeze until firm, 10 to 15 minutes.
3. In medium bowl, with wire whisk, beat milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt, and nutmeg until blended.
4. Sprinkle coconut evenly over bottom of pie shell. Pour filling into pie shell. Bake until knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
5. To serve, garnish cooled pie with chopped nuts, ground nutmeg, or whipped cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3991 Calories from Fat 2083
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 230 g353.8%
Saturated Fat 86.8 g434.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 690.9 mg230.3%
Sodium 3868.8 mg161.2%
Total Carbohydrates 406 g135.2%
Dietary Fiber 41 g163.8%
Sugars 176.9 g
Protein 86 g172.9%
Vitamin A 26.2% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 96.3% Iron 36.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet