|Blueberries||1 3⁄4 Pound (800 Gram, 7 Cups)|
|Superfine caster sugar||3 Ounce (75 Gram, 6 Tablespoon, Plus Extra For Sprinkling)|
|Superfine caster sugar||1 Tablespoon (Extra For Sprinkling)|
|Cornflour||45 Milliliter (45 Milliliter, Cornstarch)|
|Orange||1⁄2 , rind grated and juiced|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , rind grated|
|Ground cinnamon||2 1⁄2 Milliliter (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce, diced (15 Gram, 1 Tablespoon)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Serving)|
|For the pastry|
|Plain flour||10 Ounce (275 Gram, 6 Tablespoon, All Purpose Flour)|
|Butter||3 Ounce, diced (75 Gram, 6 Tablespoon)|
|White vegetable fat||2 Ounce (50 Gram, 1/4 Cup)|
|Chilled water||75 Milliliter (4-5 Tablespoon)|
1. To make the pastry, sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Rub or cut in the fat until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Sprinkle over most of the water and mix to a soft dough. Add more water if necessary. Knead lightly. Wrap in clear film (plastic wrap) and chill.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6. Roll out half the pastry and use to line a 23cm/9in pie dish, allowing the excess pastry to overhang the edge.
4. In a bowl, mix the blueberries, caster sugar, cornflour, orange rind and juice, lemon rind and cinnamon. Spoon into the pastry case and dot with the butter.
5. Roll out the remaining pastry and use to make a lid for the pie. Trim off the excess, leaving a rim all round. Cut the rim at 2.5cm/1in intervals, then fold each pastry section over on itself to form a triangle. Re-roll the trimmings and cut out pastry decorations from them. Attach them to the pastry lid with a little of the beaten egg. Seal lattice top.
6. Glaze the pastry with the beaten egg. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3832 Calories from Fat 1669
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 189 g290.6%
Saturated Fat 94.6 g472.8%
Trans Fat 7.5 g
Cholesterol 590.5 mg196.8%
Sodium 385.2 mg16.1%
Total Carbohydrates 505 g168.2%
Dietary Fiber 30.9 g123.4%
Sugars 193.9 g
Protein 31 g62%
Vitamin A 66.9% Vitamin C 225.3%
Calcium 27.1% Iron 27.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet