1 2 3 Pastry Two Crust Pie
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
1. Sift together flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Pour salad oil into flour and stir with a fork. Add cold water all at once and stir with a fork until dough is formed. Press dough firmly into a ball with hands. If mixture is too dry to form a ball, mix in 1 to 2 more tablespoons salad oil.
2. Divide dough roughly in half, using larger half for bottom pastry.
3. Flatten dough slightly with hands. Place dough between two squares of waxed paper. Roll dough into a 12-inch circle with a rolling pin. Wipe table with a damp cloth to keep waxed paper from slipping while rolling out dough.
4. Peel off top piece of paper. Place pastry in pie pan, paper side up. Gently peel off waxed paper. Fit pastry loosely into pan. Do not pull or stretch pastry. Fill as desired.
5. Roll dough in similar manner for top crust. Place over filling. Trim 1 inch beyond rim of pan. Fold top layer of dough under bottom layer of dough and pinch together to seal. Flute edges of pastry by pressing the index finger of one hand between thumb and index finger of other hand. Cut slits in top.
6. Bake pies.