Classic Coconut Custard Pie
|Unbaked pastry shell/1/2 package piecrust mix||1 (Flaky Variety)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned flaked coconut||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
1. Prepare unbaked pastry shell.
2. Bake in a hot oven (425°) 5 minutes. Remove shell; cool; lower oven temperature to 325°.
3. In a medium-size saucepan, heat milk slowly until bubbles appear around edge.
4. In a large bowl, beat eggs slightly; stir in sugar and salt; slowly stir in milk. Strain into another bowl; stir in coconut and vanilla. Pour into partly baked pastry shell.
5. Bake in a slow oven (325°) 40 minutes, or until center is almost set, but still soft. (Do not overbake; custard will set as it cools.) Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or chilled.