Classic Coconut Custard Pie
|Unbaked pastry shell/1/2 package piecrust mix||1 (Flaky Variety)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned flaked coconut||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
1. Prepare unbaked pastry shell.
2. Bake in a hot oven (425°) 5 minutes. Remove shell; cool; lower oven temperature to 325°.
3. In a medium-size saucepan, heat milk slowly until bubbles appear around edge.
4. In a large bowl, beat eggs slightly; stir in sugar and salt; slowly stir in milk. Strain into another bowl; stir in coconut and vanilla. Pour into partly baked pastry shell.
5. Bake in a slow oven (325°) 40 minutes, or until center is almost set, but still soft. (Do not overbake; custard will set as it cools.) Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or chilled.
Calories 675 Calories from Fat 388
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68%
Saturated Fat 23.3 g116.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 228.4 mg76.1%
Sodium 545.4 mg22.7%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 28 g
Protein 17 g33.5%
Vitamin A 8.3% Vitamin C 0.62%
Calcium 23% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet