Very Blueberry Pie
|Pastry dough||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For 2-Crust Pie)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Blueberries||3 Pint (6 Cups)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, cut into pieces|
1. Prepare Pastry Dough as directed through chilling.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. In large bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Add blueberries and lemon juice; toss to combine.
3. On lightly floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll larger disk of dough into 12-inch round. Gently roll dough round onto rolling pin and ease into 9-inch pie plate, pressing dough against side of plate. Trim edge, leaving 1-inch overhang. Reserve trimmings for decorating pie if you like. Spoon blueberry filling into crust; dot with butter.
4. Roll remaining disk of dough into 12-inch round. Cut 3/4-inch circle out of center and cut 1-inch slits to allow steam to escape during baking. Center dough over filling. Fold overhang under and make decorative edge.
5. Place pie on foil-lined cookie sheet to catch any overflow during baking. Bake 20 minutes. Turn oven control to 375°F; bake pie until fruit filling bubbles in center and crust is golden, about 1 hour longer. If necessary, cover pie loosely with foil during last 20 minutes of baking to prevent over-browning. Cool on wire rack 1 hour to serve warm, or cool completely to serve later.