|Double crust pie pastry||1|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ripe peaches||3 Pound, peeled, pitted, and sliced to make 7 cups|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, cut into pieces|
1. Prepare Pastry Dough as directed through chilling.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F In large bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Add peaches and lemon juice; gently toss to combine.
3. On lightly floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll larger disk of dough into 12-inch round. Gently roll dough round onto rolling pin and ease into 9-inch pie plate, pressing dough against side of plate. Trim edge, leaving 1-inch overhang. Reserve trimmings for decorating pie, if you like. Spoon peach filling into crust; dot with butter.
4. Roll remaining disk of dough into 12-inch round. Cut 3/4-inch circle out of center and 1-inch slits to allow steam to escape during baking. Center dough over filling. Fold overhang under and make decorative edge.
5. Place pie on foil-lined cookie sheet to catch any overflow during baking. Bake 20 minutes. Turn oven control to 375°F; bake until filling bubbles in center, 45 to 60 minutes longer. If necessary, cover pie loosely with foil during last 20 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour to serve warm, or cool completely to serve later.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1845 Calories from Fat 352
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61%
Saturated Fat 17.4 g86.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg10.8%
Sodium 279.8 mg11.7%
Total Carbohydrates 385 g128.3%
Dietary Fiber 25.6 g102.5%
Sugars 294.7 g
Protein 18 g35.8%
Vitamin A 96.3% Vitamin C 161.2%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 20%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet