This easy pie crust recipe compliments many different types of pies. I usually use it for my sweet pies like pumpkin, sweet potato, pecan, and fruit pies.
Great for holiday baking and all year around!
All purpose flour
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped in pieces
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cold (butter flavored)
Ice cold water
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or more)
1. In a bowl add flour, sugar and salt. Whisk them till combined.
2. Add the butter and shortening and with hands mix until mixture resembles very large crumbs. Do not over mix.
3. Pour ice cold water and stir just until combined. Gather the dough into a ball and flatten it.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for around 30 minutes or until cold.
5. Remove the dough ball from the fridge.
6. Divide the chilled pie crust into 2 balls.
7. Sprinkle flour on clean work surface and roll out one ball until it is about 1/8 inch thick.
8. Place it inside of a deep dish pie pan. Press to shape if needed.
9. Use this crust to make a pie of your choice.
This recipe makes 2 pie crusts. Repeat steps 5 -8 with the other half of the dough or use it to make strips.
A crust can make or break the pie. Truly a very special item while making this fabulous dish. This video make a simple, easy and delicious pie crust. Make sure to use the right ingredient and ensure it remains cold at all times. It is easy to store and when filled with your choicest filling, it provides the best result. Crunchy and flavorful crust.
Easy Pie Crust - The Best, Flaky, Southern Pie Crust Ever Recipe Video