In this video I'll show you how to make basic Strawberry Pie crust. With nothing more than flour, butter, sugar, salt, eggs, and water, we'll create a flaky, tender crust that you can fill with your favorite sweet or savory filling, any time of year.
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cold (3 Sticks)
3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs)
2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)
1. Using a knife, cut butter into pea-sized cubes; slice lengthwise and then crosswise.
2. Place the cubes in a plate and freeze for 10 minutes to chill.
3. In a very large bowl, whisk flour, salt, and sugar thoroughly.
4. Remove the butter cubes from the freezer and mix them into the flour by hand, letting the flour coat each cube and being careful not to mash the cubes or cream them into the flour. The cubes should remain as individual pieces in the flour, retaining their shape.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs gently.
6. Pour about half of the ice water into the eggs and stir with a fork.
7. Make a hole in the middle of the flour mixture with a spoon and pour the egg mixture into the hole.
8. With both hands, combine egg mixture into the flour mixture, still being careful not to over-work the dough or mash the butter pieces.
9. Add more water as needed until the dough is crumbly but holds together when pinched.
10. Pour the crumbly dough onto a work surface, working in batches if necessary.
11. Use a silicone baking mat — it’s nonstick and makes cleanup easy.
12. With your hands, press the dough together and form two equally sized mounds of dough.
13. Press each piece of dough to form a flattened disc and wrap tightly with plastic wrap.
14. Store the wrapped dough in the refrigerator for later use, or freeze for up to two months. (Thaw overnight in the refrigerator when ready to use.)
15. Let each disc sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before attempting to roll it.
This video is a creation of miriamleigh. You can visit miriamleigh for complete recipes, and more videos.
If your one person who loves to stock the produce fresh from the farmers market, make up a pie to cater to the summer season! An easy crumbly and textured pie crust which is essentially made by using a few ingredients! See the video for more on making this wonderful pie strawberry pie!