Chocolate Chiffon Pie
|Corn flakes||4 Cup (64 tbs), crushed|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate pieces||6 Ounce|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Put corn flake crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar, and butter in a 9-inch pie pan. Place in oven for 5 minutes or until butter is melted. Remove pie pan from oven. Mix well and press mixture evenly arid firmly around sides and on bottom of pan. Chill.
3. Mix together gelatine, 1/2 cup sugar and salt in a saucepan. Stir in milk and semi-sweet chocolate pieces. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and beat with a rotary beater until chocolate is blended. Stir in vanilla.
4. Chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds when dropped from a spoon. Fold in whipped cream.
5. Pour mixture into crust. Chill in refrigerator until firm.
6. Before serving, garnish with additional whipped cream, if desired.