Chocolate Chiffon Pie
|Corn flakes||4 Cup (64 tbs), crushed|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate pieces||6 Ounce|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Put corn flake crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar, and butter in a 9-inch pie pan. Place in oven for 5 minutes or until butter is melted. Remove pie pan from oven. Mix well and press mixture evenly arid firmly around sides and on bottom of pan. Chill.
3. Mix together gelatine, 1/2 cup sugar and salt in a saucepan. Stir in milk and semi-sweet chocolate pieces. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and beat with a rotary beater until chocolate is blended. Stir in vanilla.
4. Chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds when dropped from a spoon. Fold in whipped cream.
5. Pour mixture into crust. Chill in refrigerator until firm.
6. Before serving, garnish with additional whipped cream, if desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3525 Calories from Fat 1834
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 209 g321%
Saturated Fat 130.1 g650.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 524 mg174.7%
Sodium 1663.7 mg69.3%
Total Carbohydrates 402 g134.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 255.9 g
Protein 33 g65.1%
Vitamin A 171.4% Vitamin C 58.8%
Calcium 56.5% Iron 169%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet