Chocolate and Nut Pie with Bourbon Cream
|Pie crust||1 Medium (9 inch)|
|Egg yolk||1 Medium|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Maple syrup||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Dark chocolate||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Heavy whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, put eggs, egg yolk, corn syrup, sugar, brown sugar, butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
3. Whisk them together till well combined.
4. Take a pie pan or baking pan and place the crust in it.
5. Put the chocolate and pecan and walnuts on it to fill the bottom evenly.
6. Pour the egg, sugar mixture on it and even out the surface.
7. Bake for 70 minutes or till the filling is done (check with a fork or toothpick to come out clean).
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
9. TOPPING: In a bowl, add the whipping cream and beat till it form stiff peaks.
10. Add bourbon and sugar in it and mix till incorporated.
11. In a serving plate, slice the pie and serve it topped with the bourbon whipped cream.
Calories 816 Calories from Fat 315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55%
Saturated Fat 14.8 g73.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129.5 mg43.2%
Sodium 228.2 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 83.5 g
Protein 6 g11.9%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 0.42%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet