Betty's Springtime Glazed Strawberry Pie with Special Crust
|For the pie crust|
|Self raising flour/All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter stick||1 Medium (At room temperature)|
|For the strawberry pie|
|Pie crust||1 Medium, baked (9-inch Baked Pie Crust)|
|Fresh strawberries||1 Quart, washed, halved|
|Glaze||12 3⁄4 Ounce (One 12.75 oz Container of Strawberry Glaze - Sugar free used)|
|Whipped topping||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fat free used - as needed for garnishing)|
To prepare the Pie Crust:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together 1 cup flour and 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar.
3. Add 1 stick softened butter, and mash with a fork for a couple of minutes.
4. Continue to mash the butter into the flour mixture until it forms a ball. Place the ball of dough in the center of a 9-inch pie plate
5. Use your fingers to press the dough from the center outwards to cover the bottom and sides of the pie plate evenly. Let the dough come a little above the top of the sides, in order to make a fluted edge.
6. Bake in the preheated 350 F oven for about 10 - 15 minutes, or until golden. (Keep watching it so that it does not burn).
7. Remove the crust from the oven and cool to room temperature. (You may speed this up by placing it in the refrigerator after cooling it a bit initially.)
8. Serve your pie with fillings of your choice.
To prepare the Strawberry Pie:
1. In a large mixing bowl, place the washed and halved strawberries.
2. Add the strawberry glaze, mix the strawberries and glaze, until all of the strawberries are covered with glaze.
3. Pour this mixture into the baked, cooled pie crust.
4. Slice the pie carefully, as the crust is quite crisp and has a tendency to crumble. Remove a piece of pie and place it on a serving dish.
5. Top with your desired amount of whipped topping.
6. Serve immediately!