Mirabeau Beef Pie
|Hot roll mix package||1 (1 Package)|
|Sliced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced carrots||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Canned condensed onion soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tarragon leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Ground cloves||1 Dash|
|Frozen cut green beans package||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned anchovy fillets||2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Stuffed green olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked beef slice||8|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
1. Prepare roll mix let rise 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, saute celery and carrots in oil, in a large skillet, 10 minutes. Stir in tomato paste; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add onion soup, wine, tarragon, bay leaf, cloves and green beans. Cover; simmer 5 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Combine flour and water in a small bowl; blend until smooth. Pour into skillet; cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and bubbles 3 minutes. Stir in anchovies and olives.
3. Pour half of sauce into 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Arrange the beef slices in dish. Top with remaining sauce.
4. Turn dough out onto lightly floured board. Knead a few times. Roll to a 15x10-inch rectangle. Place on beef mixture; trim overhang to 1 inch; turn under and flute edges. Cut several slits in center for steam to escape. Brush with egg.
5. Bake in moderate oven (375°) 25 minutes, or until pastry is golden-brown.