1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl, put all the ingredients for the pie filling and stir well to mix, and set aside.
3. In a saucepan, put the butter and let it melt.
4. Stream in the milk and allow it to bubble.
5. Put in the caramel candy, over medium high heat and stir until the candies melt completely and gets smooth.
6. Turn off the heat and keep stirring until it cools down slightly.
7. In the filling mixture, stream in the caramel mixture and stir until well combined.
8. Pick few whole pecans and set aside, and add the remaining into the filling mixture.
9. In 2 pie shells, equally pour the filling mixture into each up to top of pie shell.
10. Arrange the whole pecans on the top.
11. Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes or until browned on top.
12. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely and set for about 3 to 4 hours.
After watching a series of deep fried recipes from Dave, we get to see a baked dessert recipe in this video. He confesses that he is not a very good baker, but this recipe is one of his tried and tested and it looks absolutely tempting. He is preparing the dish with full confidence like other main dishes. Although this Caramel and Pecan pie has lots of sugar in it, it is one of the desserts to be tried at least once in a lifetime.