Pecan Pie with Caramel
|Pecan||3 Cup (48 tbs), broken|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Caramel candies||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl, put all the ingredients for the pie filling and stir well to mix, and set aside.
3. In a saucepan, put the butter and let it melt.
4. Stream in the milk and allow it to bubble.
5. Put in the caramel candy, over medium high heat and stir until the candies melt completely and gets smooth.
6. Turn off the heat and keep stirring until it cools down slightly.
7. In the filling mixture, stream in the caramel mixture and stir until well combined.
8. Pick few whole pecans and set aside, and add the remaining into the filling mixture.
9. In 2 pie shells, equally pour the filling mixture into each up to top of pie shell.
10. Arrange the whole pecans on the top.
11. Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes or until browned on top.
12. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely and set for about 3 to 4 hours.
13. Cut in wedges and serve as desired.
Calories 742 Calories from Fat 300
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.7%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.7 mg32.9%
Sodium 335.4 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g35.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 60.6 g
Protein 8 g15.9%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0.68%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet