1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl, put all the ingredients for filling and stir well to mix and set aside.
3. In a saucepan, heat together butter and milk, and let the butter melt.
4. Add in the caramel and stir until it melts and turn into smooth mixture.
5. Turn off the heat and add about ½ of the caramel mixture into the filling and stir well to mix. Add more caramel mixture if needed.
6. Pour the filling into the pie shell, and bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until the filling sets,
7. Remove the pie from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
8. In a saucepan, heat together butter and milk, and let the butter melt.
9. Add in the chocolate and stir until it melts completely.
10. Pour the chocolate over the pie and allow it to cool.
11. Place it in the refrigerator until the chocolate sets.
12. Cut the pie in wedges and serve as desired.
Dave is making a chocolate pie with a twist. He is actually making a pecan pie and topping it with chocolate sauce. That sounds so delicious. He makes the recipe in simple steps that are easy to understand. So, when you want to treat yourself with a chocolaty dessert, you must try Dave's chocolate pie.