Luscious Almond Caramel Pie
|Readymade pie crust||15 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Unsalted butter/Butter / margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Almond paste||8 Ounce, cut into small pieces|
|Caramel ice cream topping||12 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Jar / 1 Cup)|
|Sliced almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||3 Tablespoon|
1. Using package directions prepare piecrust for filled one-crust pie using 9-inch pie pan.
2. (Refrigerate remaining crust for later use.) Heat oven to 400°F.
3. In small bowl, combine butter, 2 teaspoons flour, almond paste and eggs at medium speed until well blended.
4. (Mixture will not be smooth.) Spoon mixture evenly into pie crust-lined pan.
5. Bake at 400°F. for 17 to 20 minutes or until filling is set and light golden brown.
6. Reserve 1/3 cup of the caramel topping.
7. In small bowl using wire whisk, blend remaining caramel topping and 3 tablespoons flour.
8. Stir in almonds.
9. Carefully spoon over baked filling in pie pan.
10. Return to oven.
11. Bake an additional 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Cool on wire rack 30 minutes.
13. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
14. In large bowl, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
15. Pipe or spoon whipped cream around edge of chilled pie, leaving 4-inch circle in center.
16. Just before serving, drizzle about 2 teaspoons of the reserved caramel topping over each piece.
17. Store in refrigerator.