Chicken Pot Pie 1
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (Leveled) (For greasing)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Chopped garlic||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fried chicken breast||4 , shredded|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs) (better than bouillon)|
|Cubed potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned carrot slices||14 Ounce|
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. In a pot, melt the butter and add onion, garlic, salt and pepper and stir until the onion sweat gets caramelised.
3. Add green peppers and celery and cook till the vegetables sweat well.
4. Pour in the chicken stock and bring it to simmer.
5. Put in the potatoes, stir to mix, cover and cook until potatoes are soft for about 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Add the chicken and carrots and stir well to mix, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Turn the heat off and allow it to cool completely.
8. In small pie pots, grease the bottom and sides with butter.
9. Unroll the pie shells and line the pie tops with it.
10. Ladle the chicken mixture into the pie shells, cover with pie lids, press the edges to seal and poke 3 to 4 times.
11. Bake in the oven for about 30 to 45 minutes or until light brown on top.
12. Remove from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes.
13. Serve hot as desired.