Mincemeat Pear Pie
|Piecrust mix||5 1⁄2 Ounce (1/2 Package)|
|Bottled mincemeat||28 Ounce, prepared (1 jar)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
1. Prepare piecrust mix, or make pastry from your favorite single-crust recipe. Roll out to a 12-inch round on a lightly floured pastry cloth or board; fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim overhang to 1/2 inch; turn under, flush with the rim; flute to make a stand-up edge.
2. Grate 1 teaspoon lemon rind; reserve. Squeeze the lemon; measure 2 tablespoons juice; reserve.
3. Pare pears; quarter and core. Slice 1 of the pears into wedges in a small bowl; sprinkle lemon juice over top, then toss lightly to coat well. Chop remaining pears.
4. Combine chopped pears, lemon rind, the mincemeat and 1/4 cup of the flour in a medium-size bowl. Spoon into prepared pastry shell. Arrange the pear wedges on top, pinwheel fashion.
5. Combine remaining 1/2 cup flour, sugar and pumpkin-pie spice in a small bowl. Cut in butter or margarine with a fork or pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle crumbs over the top of the pie.
6. Bake in hot oven (400°) 45 minutes, or until crumbs are golden-brown and filling is bubbly. Cool completely on a wire rack.