Fresh Blueberry Pie
|Rich pecan cookie crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Fresh blueberries||4 Cup (64 tbs), divided|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Combine cookie crumbs and butter in 9-inch pie plate. Press mixture firmly against bottom and sides of pie plate. Cook on Full Power for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until firm. Turn quarter-turn halfway through cooking time. Set aside.
2. Mash 1/2 cup blueberries. Set aside.
3. Combine sugar and cornstarch in 2-quart casserole. Gradually blend in water. Stir in mashed blueberries. Cook on Full Power for 6 to 8 minutes, or until thickened and bubbling. Stir 2 to 3 times during cooking time.
4. Stir in remaining blueberries, butter, lemon juice, lemon peel, and nutmeg. Pour into baked pie crust. Chill.
5. Top chilled pie with whipped cream, as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4930 Calories from Fat 3448
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 384 g591.4%
Saturated Fat 109.6 g547.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 460.4 mg153.5%
Sodium 83.4 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 343 g114.4%
Dietary Fiber 40.7 g162.9%
Sugars 235.6 g
Protein 43 g86.5%
Vitamin A 36.5% Vitamin C 118%
Calcium 19.4% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet