Fresh Blueberry Pie
|Rich pecan cookie crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Fresh blueberries||4 Cup (64 tbs), divided|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Combine cookie crumbs and butter in 9-inch pie plate. Press mixture firmly against bottom and sides of pie plate. Cook on Full Power for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until firm. Turn quarter-turn halfway through cooking time. Set aside.
2. Mash 1/2 cup blueberries. Set aside.
3. Combine sugar and cornstarch in 2-quart casserole. Gradually blend in water. Stir in mashed blueberries. Cook on Full Power for 6 to 8 minutes, or until thickened and bubbling. Stir 2 to 3 times during cooking time.
4. Stir in remaining blueberries, butter, lemon juice, lemon peel, and nutmeg. Pour into baked pie crust. Chill.
5. Top chilled pie with whipped cream, as desired.