Mint Ice Cream Pie
|Chocolate cookies||2 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Package, 1 1/4 Inches In Diameter)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chocolate chip mint ice cream/Pistachio ice cream||2 Pint|
1. Arrange cookies over bottom, then up sides of an 8-inch pie plate.
2. Start heating oven to 500Â°F.
3. Make this meringue: Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry; gradually add sugar, beating until sugar is dissolved.
4. Spoon ice cream into cookie-lined pie plate. Completely cover ice cream with meringue, swirling it with a spatula, to form a pretty design.
5. Bake 4 or 5 minutes, or until tinged with brown. Then set in freezer.
At serving time:
Remove pie from freezer a few minutes before serving and let stand at room temperature to soften a little.