In the Kitchen with Ken: Seafood Pot Pie
|Celery stalk||2 , chopped|
|Sweet vidala onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Potato||2 , diced|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Crushed black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Old bay seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned cream of mushroom soup||21 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, peeled, deveined|
|Grouper fillet/White fish||1⁄2 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten (for brushing)|
|Cooked shrimps||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 325F.
2. Line a pie baking dish with pie crust.
1. In a large pan, melt butter, add celery, onion and garlic, cook until onions are clear.
2. Add potato, corn, portobello mushrooms and heavy cream( 1 cup). Season with worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, black pepper and old bay seasoning. Stir and cook for few seconds.
3. Add cream of mushroom soup, add more cream if required, cook for few minutes, stir occasionally.
4. In the prepared baking dish, arrange grouper fillet and shrimps. Using a ladle, pour and spread the prepared mixture, little at a time.
5. Cover with the top of the pie crust and brush with egg.
6. Bake at 325F for about 35 minutes.
7. Cut into pieces, garnish with cooked shrimps and serve.
Calories 813 Calories from Fat 424
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.8%
Saturated Fat 24.4 g121.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 241.2 mg80.4%
Sodium 1821 mg75.9%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 33 g65.4%
Vitamin A 29.5% Vitamin C 53.4%
Calcium 18.3% Iron 27.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet