Citrus Chiffon Pie
|Corn flakes/1 cup corn flake crumbs||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄4 Ounce (1 envelope)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. If using Corn Flakes, crush into fine crumbs.
2. Combine Corn Flake Crumbs, butter and 2 tablespoons sugar in 9-inch pie pan; mix well. With tablespoon press evenly and firmly around sides and bottom of pie pan. Chill.
3. Mix gelatin, 1/2 cup sugar and salt together in medium size saucepan.
4. Beat together egg yolks, juices and water; stir into gelatin mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Remove from heat; stir in peels. Chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
5. Beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add 1/3 cup sugar, beating until stiff; fold into gelatin mixture. Pile into chilled Crumb crust. Chill until firm.
6. Just before serving, whip cream and spread over top of pie. Garnish with fresh orange slices and mint leaves, if desired.