Crumb Top Apple Pie
|9 inch baked pastry shell||1|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooking apples||6 Large|
|For crumb topping|
|Packed dark brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
1. Prepare pastry shell in a glass pie plate and set aside.
2. For filling, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of mixture over bottom of baked pastry shell. Set remaining mixture aside.
3. Wash, quarter, core, pare and thinly slice apples. Turn into pastry shell, heaping slightly at center. Sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
4. For crumb topping, mix brown sugar, flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
5. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 6 to 8 minutes at HIGH, or until apples are tender; rotate pie plate one-half turn once.
6. Remove from oven. Allow to stand 15 minutes.