Vanilla Cream Pie
|Baked 9 inch pie shell||1 (Pastry Or Crumb Crust)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||3 , slightly beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Meringue||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Prepare pie shell in a glass pie plate and set aside.
2. Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a 1 1/2-quart glass casserole. Add milk gradually, mixing well. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 7 to 8 1/2 minutes at BAKE, or until thick; stir after each minute.
3. Beat a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks, then return to mixture in casserole. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 2 to 3 minutes at BAKE, or until thick; stir after each minute.
4. Add vanilla extract and butter to filling and stir well. Cool filling to room temperature.
5. Pour cooled filling into the baked pie shell. Cover with Meringue and cook as directed.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3081 Calories from Fat 1154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 127 g195.1%
Saturated Fat 63.3 g316.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 665 mg221.7%
Sodium 1775.9 mg74%
Total Carbohydrates 458 g152.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.4%
Sugars 286.9 g
Protein 39 g78.3%
Vitamin A 37.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 60.3% Iron 21.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet