Vanilla Cream Pie
|Baked 9 inch pie shell||1 (Pastry Or Crumb Crust)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||3 , slightly beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Meringue||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Prepare pie shell in a glass pie plate and set aside.
2. Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a 1 1/2-quart glass casserole. Add milk gradually, mixing well. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 7 to 8 1/2 minutes at BAKE, or until thick; stir after each minute.
3. Beat a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks, then return to mixture in casserole. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 2 to 3 minutes at BAKE, or until thick; stir after each minute.
4. Add vanilla extract and butter to filling and stir well. Cool filling to room temperature.
5. Pour cooled filling into the baked pie shell. Cover with Meringue and cook as directed.