Homemade Pumpkin Pie From Scratch
|Baked 9 inch pastry shell||1|
|Canned pumpkin||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Firmly packed dark brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Prepare pastry shell in a glass pie plate and set aside.
2. Combine pumpkin, brown sugar, spices and salt in a 2-quart glass bowl. Add eggs and mix well. Gradually add half-and-half, stirring until mixture is smooth.
3. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 8 to 9 minutes at HIGH, or until thickened; stir twice.
4. Pour filling into baked pastry shell. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 14 to 16 minutes at SIMMER, or until nearly set; rotate pie plate one-quarter turn 3 times.
5. Remove from oven. Allow to cool before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1604 Calories from Fat 610
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g107.8%
Saturated Fat 32.5 g162.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 512.5 mg170.8%
Sodium 1747.4 mg72.8%
Total Carbohydrates 225 g75%
Dietary Fiber 16.4 g65.6%
Sugars 141.3 g
Protein 29 g58.9%
Vitamin A 1439.3% Vitamin C 36.2%
Calcium 91% Iron 49%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet