Homemade Pumpkin Pie From Scratch
|Baked 9 inch pastry shell||1|
|Canned pumpkin||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Firmly packed dark brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Prepare pastry shell in a glass pie plate and set aside.
2. Combine pumpkin, brown sugar, spices and salt in a 2-quart glass bowl. Add eggs and mix well. Gradually add half-and-half, stirring until mixture is smooth.
3. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 8 to 9 minutes at HIGH, or until thickened; stir twice.
4. Pour filling into baked pastry shell. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 14 to 16 minutes at SIMMER, or until nearly set; rotate pie plate one-quarter turn 3 times.
5. Remove from oven. Allow to cool before serving.