Sweet Potato Pie
|Sweet potatoes||1 Pound|
|Softened butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated white sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large pot pour water and bring it to a boil.
3. Add the sweet potatoes and simmer them for 45 minutes on medium heat.
4. After 45 minutes remove the sweet potatoes and allow it to cool.
5. Once it’s cool enough to handle, under running cold water peel of the skins.
6. In a stand mixer bowl, place the sweet potatoes mash them well.
7. Add the butter and continue to mash and mix.
8. Add eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla and sugar, mix well until the texture is smooth.
9. Place the mixture into a pie crust, spread it evenly.
10. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
11. Remove from the oven and let cool.
12. Serve after a hearty meal.
Calories 526 Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.8%
Saturated Fat 15.1 g75.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.4 mg39.1%
Sodium 248.7 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.9%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.2%
Sugars 30.7 g
Protein 6 g12.2%
Vitamin A 226.6% Vitamin C 3.7%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet