Banana Rum Pie
|Regular vanilla pudding mix||3 1⁄8 Ounce (1 Package, 3 1/8 Ounce)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Milk||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Fluffy white frosting mix||1 (1 Package)|
|Rum flavoring||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
|Semi-sweet chocolate square||1⁄2 Ounce (Use 1/2 Of A 1 Ounce Square)|
1) Prepare a pastry and roll out pastry.
2) Line a 9-inch pie plate.
3) Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate.
4) Flute edge; prick bottom and sides of pastry with tines of a fork.
5) Bake in 450° oven for 10 to 12 minutes or till golden.
6) Cool thoroughly on wire rack.
7) In saucepan combine pudding mix and gelatin.
8) Cook according to pudding package directions except use the 2 1/2 cups milk.
9) Remove from heat; pour into a bowl.
10) Cover surface with clear plastic wrap or waxed paper.
11) Prepare frosting mix according to package directions.
12) Stir in rum flavoring, salt, and nutmeg.
13) Fold hot gelatin mixture into frosting mixture.
14) Slice 1 banana into baked pastry shell; cover with half gelatin-frosting mixture.
15) Repeat with second banana and remaining gelatin-frosting mixture.
16) Chill several hours or overnight till set.
17) Just before serving, diagonally slice the remaining banana and arrange in center of pie.
18) In saucepan melt chocolate and butter; drizzle over banana slices.
19) Cover; chill to store.