All Time Favourite Vegetable Pie
|Grated cheese||4 Ounce (125 Gram, Mature Cheddar)|
|Breadcrumbs||2 Ounce (1 Cup 60 Gram, Made From Stale Bread)|
|Flour||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cups Or 185 Grams)|
|Butter||3 Ounce (90 Gram)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Vegetable filling||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Leeks||2 , sliced|
|Pumpkin||8 Ounce, chopped (250 Gram)|
|Potatoes||2 , chopped|
|Cauliflower||1⁄4 , broken into small florets|
|Parsnip||1 , chopped|
|Broccoli||1 Small, broken into small florets|
|Red pepper||1 , chopped (Capsicum)|
|Frozen peas||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Vegetable stock||4 Fluid Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Chopped basil||2 Tablespoon|
1. To make pastry, place flour and butter in a food processor and process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. With machine running, slowly add egg and enough water to form a soft dough. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly. Wrap dough in plastic food wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Roll out pastry to fit a deep 23cm/9in flan tin with a removable base. Line pastry case with nonstick baking paper, fill with uncooked rice and bake for 10 minutes. Remove rice and paper and bake for 10 minutes longer or until pastry is golden and crisp. Set aside to cool.
3. To make filling, heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, add onion and leeks and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until onion is golden. Add pumpkin and potatoes and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes longer or until potatoes are just tender.
4. Add cauliflower, parsnip, broccoli, red capsicum (pepper), peas and stock to pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Mix in basil. Set aside to cool.
5. Spoon cold filling into pastry case. Combine cheese and breadcrumbs, sprinkle over filling and bake for 20 minutes or until top is golden.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3426 Calories from Fat 1258
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 143 g219.7%
Saturated Fat 70.2 g350.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 494.2 mg164.7%
Sodium 2901 mg120.9%
Total Carbohydrates 431 g143.8%
Dietary Fiber 55.4 g221.6%
Sugars 73.7 g
Protein 118 g235.2%
Vitamin A 758.2% Vitamin C 1072.5%
Calcium 206.9% Iron 172%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet