Creamy Cheese And Cranberry Pie
|For cranberry topping|
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Graham cracker crumbs||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce, softened (2 Packages, 8 Ounces Each)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||1 Tablespoon|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Prepare Cranberry Topping. Let cool. (Can be served immediately.) Cover tightly and refrigerate no longer than 1 week.
2. Place margarine in 9-inch pie plate. Microwave on high (100%) until melted, 30 to 45 seconds. Stir in crumbs and 2 tablespoons sugar with fork. Press mixture firmly and evenly on bottom and side of pie plate. Microwave uncovered on high (100%) 1 minute; rotate pie plate 1/2 turn. Microwave until set, about 1 minute longer.
3. Place cream cheese, eggs, 3/4 cup sugar, the orange peel and 2 teaspoons vanilla in 2 1/2-quart bowl. Beat on high speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Microwave uncovered on medium (50%), stirring every 2 minutes, until hot and thickened, 8 to 9 minutes. Pour into crust.
4. Mix sour cream, 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla; spread carefully over filling. Refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours. (Can be served at this time.) Cover and refrigerate no longer than 3 days.
5. At serving time, remove pie and Cranberry Topping from refrigerator. Spoon the topping over wedges of pie.