Home Style Coconut Pie
|Pastry||1 (For Single Crust Pie)|
|Light cream/Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned flaked coconut||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
1. Prepare pastry dough and roll out.
2. Line a 9-inch pie plate.
3. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate.
4. Flute edge; do not prick.
5. Bake in 450° oven for 5 minutes.
7. In mixing bowl beat eggs slightly with rotary beater or fork.
8. Stir in light cream or milk, sugar, melted butter or margarine, and vanilla; mix well.
9. Stir in flaked coconut.
10. Place pie shell on oven rack; pour filling into the partially baked pastry shell.
11. To prevent over browning, cover edge of pie with foil.
12. Bake in 350° oven for 25 minutes.
13. Remove foil; bake for 25 minutes more or till knife inserted off-center comes out clean.
14. Cool pie on rack before serving.
15. Cover; chill to store.