Lemon Cheese Pie
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Rolling)|
|Chilled unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon, cut into cubes|
|Solid vegetable shortening||4 1⁄2 Tablespoon, chilled (1/4 Cup Plus 1/2 Tablespoon)|
|Ice water||3 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|White cornmeal||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||5 Tablespoon, melted|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , zest grated finely|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. make the pastry: In afood processor, pulse the flour with the sugar and salt until combined. Add the butter and shortening and pulse just until the butter is the size of small peas. Sprinkle the ice water over the mixture and pulse 4 or 5 times, until the pastry just comes together. Turn the pastry out onto a floured work surface and pat it into a disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 350° On a floured work surface, roll out the pastry to a 14-inch round. Carefully roll the pastry around the rolling pin and unroll it over a 9-inch pie plate; ease the pastry into the plate without stretching or tearing. Trim the overhanging dough to 1/2 inch and tuck it under itself; crimp the edge decora-tively. Freeze the pie shell just until chilled, about 5 minutes.
3. Line the pastry with parchment paper and pie weights or dried beans and bake for about 20 minutes, until nearly set. Remove the parchment paper and weights and bake the pie shell for 5 minutes longer, until set but not colored.
4. meanwhile, make the filling: In a bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar. Add all of the remaining ingredients one at a time and in order, whisking until smooth.
5. Pour the filling into the warm pie shell. Bake for about 30 minutes, until the custard is golden and nearly set but still quite jiggly; cover the edge of the pie shell with foil halfway through baking. Transfer the Lemon Chess Pie to a rack to cool completely before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4506 Calories from Fat 1894
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 214 g329.8%
Saturated Fat 94.8 g473.9%
Trans Fat 8.9 g
Cholesterol 1136.2 mg378.7%
Sodium 1612.4 mg67.2%
Total Carbohydrates 613 g204.5%
Dietary Fiber 16.3 g65.2%
Sugars 396.2 g
Protein 53 g105.1%
Vitamin A 90.5% Vitamin C 153.6%
Calcium 23.2% Iron 72.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet