Beef Shepherds Pie
|Minced beef||1 Kilogram|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Gravy powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato||1 , chopped|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1. Peel and cut potatoes into 2.5cm cubes. Add 2 tablespoons water: cover and cook for 10-12 minutes on high or until tender. Drain.
2. Mash potatoes: add butter, milk, salt and pepper.
3. In a large bowl, combine mince and onion and cook for 8 minutes on medium high, stirring every 2 minutes. Drain juices from meat.
4. Add gravy powder, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, tomato and parsley. Mix well.
5. Spoon mixture into a 25 cm x 20 cm rectangular dish.
6. Spread mashed potato evenly over top of mixture. Brush with beaten egg.
7. Cook for 22-24 minutes on medium high: stand for 10 minutes before serving.