Chocolate Ricotta Pie
|Unsalted butter||100 Gram|
|Whole egg||1 (scrambled)|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||20 Gram|
|Vanilla extract/Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole milk||500 Milliliter|
|Vanilla bean/1tsp. vanilla extract)||1⁄2|
To make the Custard:
1.Put 1/2 the Sugar into a 3-4qt. pot and pour in the Milk. Split the Vanilla Bean, scrape the seeds into the pot and toss in the pod. Heat with med-high heat until it comes to the boil. Meantime.....whip the Eggs and rest of the Sugar until thick & pale the add the flour & incorporate.
2. When the milk boils, pour in the whipped eggs and stir constantly until it comes back to the boil. (now you know why you used such a big pot!)
3. As soon as your custard boils, pour it out through the strainer onto the cookie tray and sprinkle the top with some sugar so that it dosn't get crusty.
Then to make the Crust:
1. Mix the dry ingredients together then combine with the butter until it is a coarse meal.
2. Add the egg and stir with a fork. Add just enough cold water to form a ball.
3. Wrap it up in plastic and store it away in the fridge
And now to Finish:
~Turn the oven on & set to 375(180) degrees
1. Mix all the above ingredients together, then mix in the custard.
2. Butter & flour a 10 inch pie pan.
3. Take the larger ball of dough & roll it out to about a 14 inch round
4. Fit the dough into the pie pan & fill it with your mixture.
5. Roll out remaining dough and cut into 12x1/2 inch strips
6. Weave the strips together over the top of the pie.
7. Time to Bake! (45 minutes)
8.\Brush the top with eggwash and bake another 10-15 minutes.
Calories 237 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.1%
Saturated Fat 9 g45.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.2 mg32.1%
Sodium 92.7 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 8 g16.8%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet