Chocolate Orange Hazelnut Pie
|Hazelnuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|9 inch pastry crust||1 (Refrigerated Single Crust, 1/2 Of A 15 Ounce Package)|
|Hazelnut spread||13 Ounce (Cocoa Flavored , 1 Jar, 1 1/3 Cup)|
|Cocoa flavored hazelnut spread||13 Ounce (1 Jar, 1 1/3 Cup)|
|Orange liqueur||3 Tablespoon|
|Shredded orange peel||2 Tablespoon (Long Thin Shreds)|
1. Bake hazelnuts in a 9- by 13-inch pan in a 350° oven until golden under skins, about 15 minutes. Pour onto a towel and let stand until cool enough to touch, about 5 minutes. Rub nuts in towel to remove loose skins. Lift nuts from towel; discard skins. Coarsely chop nuts.
2. Meanwhile, gently fit the pastry into a 9-inch pie pan. Fold under any excess pastry at rim and decoratively flute the edge.
3. In a bowl with a mixer, beat hazelnut spread, eggs, and liqueur until well blended. Stir in orange peel and toasted hazelnuts. Pour mixture into pastry.
4. Bake on the lowest rack of a 325° oven until filling is firm when pie is gently shaken, about 35 minutes (about 45 minutes in a 300° convection oven).
5. Cool pie on a rack at least 30 minutes.